Shimodaira Lab: Statistics, Machine Learning
- Division of Mathematical Science, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- Mathematical Statistics Team, Generic Technology Research Group, Center for Advanced Integrated Intelligence Research, RIKEN
- We are looking for students, technical scientists, and postdoc researchers interested in statistics, machine learning. Please contact us by email for details. See also the job opening page at RIKEN.
Publications and citations
- An information criterion for model selection with missing data via complete-data divergence (Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics)
- Joint estimation of preferential attachment and node fitness in growing complex networks (Scientific Reports)
- Image and tag retrieval by leveraging image-group links with multi-domain graph embedding (ICIP 2016)
- Cross-Lingual Word Representations via Spectral Graph Embeddings (ACL 2016) (CL-Eigenwords Website)
- Cross-validation of matching correlation analysis by resampling matching weights (Neural Networks) (arXiv)
- PAFit: A Statistical Method for Measuring Preferential Attachment in Temporal Complex Networks (PLOS ONE)
- Higher-order accuracy of multiscale-double bootstrap for testing regions (Journal of Multivariate Analysis)
- Measuring preferential attachment in growing networks with missing-timelines using Markov chain Monte Carlo (Physica A)
Old Technical Reports
- Improving predictive inference under covariate shift by weighting the log-likelihood function, ISM RM-712, 1998. This technical report is almost the same as the first paper of "covariate shift" adaptation (Shimodaira JSPI 2000), but its geometrical argument in Section 8 has been deleted when published.
- A graphical technique for model selection diagnosis, ISM RM-680, 1998. A part of this technical report is included in a paper (Shimodaira Comm. Stat. 2001) published later.
Shimodaira Lab was at Tokyo Institute of Technology until March 31, 2012
Statistics Research Group in Osaka University
- Question-and-answer session regarding the Graduate School of Engineering Science of Osaka University (Kano Labolatory)
- Let's study and research statistics in Osaka University!（Kano Labolatory）